Sunday, September 04, 2005

Just Starting

Yay! I FINALLY have a blog! wow..times are changing. i just moved from the bible belt of oklahoma to liberal city in berkeley. god is seriously streching me in alot of ways. for example, i have this one class at my new school(public!) that's subject for the year is tolerence and justice. its pretty much all propaganda. Ms. Krouse was talking about how people used to judge gay people until we discovered that homosexuality is accually just something in our DNA. well, i went up to her after class and asked where she got her information. she said she did not remember and she most likely read it somewhere.hahah..well i have tons of stories like that and its onkly the first week. but i can't talk much right now.

One last thing. could you all just pray for me and my family right now? We are all really going through alot. i just started public school, my dad has a new job, my mom may have to start working, and forrest was in school, but was taken out and is now going to be homeschooled. i guess the things we need prayer for are:
1. strength to endure in such a liberal place
2. friends that will encourage us spiritually
3. ajustment to a new life

thank you guys so much! i love and miss all of you!!!
Bri

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for asking for prayer! I just want to say how grateful I am to have you for a daughter...how proud I am of you "standing strong" and not being intimidated by the culture around you. I know that many people might think we are crazy to put you into a public school out here, but I keep thinking about those amazing words from Jesus..."You are the salt of the earth"...it's those few dissenting voices that make a difference to the whole. Besides, I am confident that you will lean on Him.

Anonymous said...

BRIIIIIIII!!!!!!! MRS. HAIR!!!! I MISS YOU ALL SO MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't wait till Christmas season!!! isn't that when you are coming? Bri: You all are always in my prayers!!! and every1 in your family!!!!!! it is SO good to hear from you! I will TOTTALLY post on every1's blog that you got one! I have too much time! lol!

Bri said...

thank you! i love you and miss you

frisbeegurl said...

Hey Bri!! I will DEFINITLY continue praying for you.. But I'll have to say.. Even though you are younger than me I really look up to you. You are soo.. just willing to be stretched by God.. So far, that's awesome.. Not saying I'm not willing, but my flesh gets in the way too often!! I am soo happy to see God doing such awesome things through you!!! I love you alot and I miss you!!!
Sara

Bri said...

aww!! i love you sara!! thank you for that. man, its good to have friends! =)

Anonymous said...

Great, you got a blog. Now you need to upload pictures. Ah, like everyone else says I miss you a lot too. Since you been gone, it hasn't quite been the same.. I'm looking forward to the time I get to see you. I'll write you an email when I get this chance.
Call me some time,

yours truly,
~Mystery Man~ *wink*

Katina Rae Hembree said...

Yay!!! *rejoces Happily*
I miss You lots and lots!! I tried to send you E-mails but I guess it didn't work :( I will try again later.
Love ya Lots!! & I will be praying for you!!

Anonymous said...

Dearest Bri, you know that I am praying for you and your family.
I want you to check out some verses that God has been encouraging me with. Deuteronomy 9:1-3 God is talking to the Israilites and He basically says to them that their fathers were right forty years ago in that they were small compared to the giants in the land but the most important thing they forgot. He says KNOW THIS it is the Lord your God who goes before you as a consuming fire. I will bring you into the land that I promised. God never will fail us. Sometimes I feel smaller than a grasshopper(what the Israelites originally said they looked like), more like a rolly polly but God can defeat giants even with rolly pollys! He is the only one who is truly awesome. He will go before you. He totally surrounds you. I used to tell my kids when they were in public school that it is like they are in a God bubble. Nothing can get to them unless God lets it in the bubble and then it is for our good! He loves you girl and so do I. Hey you and your mom look beautiful as usual! Love, Marmie